Sunday, December 16, 2007

Strepthroat, Snow and Sikeston- Snow Day, Please!!





I guess the title pretty much sums up our weekend. Kirsten was supposed to go to Bunko on Friday, but came down with strepthroat instead. I had been feeling poor all week as well with my throat hurting and being tired. I decided to go to the Doc on Saturday morning and sure enough, I had it too. This is our second round in three weeks.


Since I had no game Friday and Kirsten didn't go out, I met Hovis down at Johnny's for a few frosty ones and then made our way down to O'Malley's for one or two. My throat was hurting, but after a few it felt much better! I didn't stay out late as I had planned on doing some mtn biking early, but the snow put a hex on those plans. I was able to sleep in and then made my way to the doctor to get some meds.


After going to the Doc I recieved a call from my friend and co-worker Chris Bumgardaner. He was on his yearly Christmas shopping trip with his friend Tony. They wanted to go to Johnny's so naturally I showed them where it was. I also took them O'Malley's for one. I then made my way home in the snow where I spent the rest of the day and evening on the sofa. I was able to watch my favorite Welsh film "Twin Town". It was filmed in Swansea, Wales, UK where I taught school for few months. It was released during my stay there and was completely filmed in Swansea. It was cool to see some familiar places on screen.


On Sunday morning we ventured down to lovely Sikeston, Mo for Christmas with my Aunt Sandi and Uncle Buck. The roads were horrible in STL, but got better the further south we went. I would say we got about 5-6 inches here in the city, while Sikeston didn't get one bit. Uncle Buck went all out on dinner having a 9 course meal. I am still stuffed and may not eat until morning. They are headed to Florida by months end. We will see them again sometime in the summer. My Grandpa is supposed to make it to my Mothers for Christmas eve. It will be nice to spend time with him and the rest of the family.


Hopefully I will get a chance to ride mtn bikes over Christmas Break. I have to officiate down in Flat River, but should have time to do some riding. I am off for only 12 days this year. I am sure the time will go by fast.


Take care. I am sure I will post more over the break.
Tatum is the only kid in the Christmas cards this year (if they get sent out), because Reese refused to take part. Note the top picture and how nice Tatum looks.


Bryan

No comments: