Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter in Ste. Genevieve, Mo






Luckily the past two weeks I have been able to get back on the bike in a pretty serious manner. I have ridden 9 of 14 days, but now have been off because of family commitments and lousy Misery weather. This week I had to take Tatum to singing lesson at COCA on Tuesday, toured the Antonia Firehouse with the Girl Scouts on Wednesday evening, baseball practice with Tatum on Thursday night and then Friday spent watching the girls because Kirsten has bunko. I am not complaining, but as you can tell, the cycling training has taken a back seat this week. When time did permit right after school on Wed and Thur, it decided to come some major storms. I was just getting into better cycling shape and now a little setback. Kirsten turned 35 on Wednesday and managed to celebrate with some co-workers. I hope we all get to see her on Saturday evening when she gets off work.


Easter weekend was spent at my Mom's house in Ste. Genevieve. I was able to put in thirty miles around the county and town Sat. afternoon and then I took the girls to the community center to swim for a couple of hours. It was quite nice as we were the only one there for the entire time. The girls had a good time and are getting much better at swimming.


Mom had our whole family over for Easter and as usual ate like kings. The girls got tons of goodies as the Easter Bunny is starting to make Santa look bad.


When will Spring get here? It is only going to be in the low 40's on Friday with Saturday being the only dry day of the week. Sat is the only day of the week I can't ride do to wife's work schedule . Good luck to my buddies racing at Hillsboro-Roubaix.


Wyman

No comments: