Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What have we been doing??





Sorry I have not put anything up in a while. Since my last post on New Years, not much has been going on. I have only been on the bike once since November, but I have stayed in decent shape with the basketball officiating. That ended in early Feb. and I have been laying on the couch since. I have put on 12lbs since the Gateway Cup and hope to lose that by the Tour of St. Louis at the end of April.




The girls both did gymnastics over the winter and are now doing dance and singing lessons at COCA in University City. Kirsten and I are both busy taking the girls over there two days a week.




As you can see, Reese had her 4th birthday this past weekend(March 2). She got way too much stuff as usual. We had family and close friends over for the occasion. Luckily it was 80 degrees and we could take it outside. Just two days later we got 10 inches of snow and were out two days of school. Gotta love the MO weather. We have had an excess amount of snow this year here in the STL area. We have missed 8 days of school because of it. We are now getting out the first week of June! All of the snow photos are since the New Year. They are predicting a little more this weekend.




I had a good season of officiating. Not many problems with fans, coaches or players. I did around 40 dates and have already got that many scheduled for next year. The extra dough is nice. This Friday I am headed up to Mizzou for the state basketball championships with some friends. We have been making the trek for about 7 years now. I think we all look forward to getting out of the house for a day or two just watching basketball and rehashing the good ole days. It is always a good time. I tell you about it when I get back.




Since we have had soooo much snow this winter, I have had time to really watch some good films. Of course having the new plasma and surround sound makes them that much more enjoyable to watch. I got to see the good old favs such as Schindler's List, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Dances With Wolves, Hoosiers, Memphis Belle, and Saving Private Ryan. I have also had to opportunity to see some really good new films. I really enjoyed Into The Wild and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Ford. If you get a chance, please rent Into The Wild. It is well worth the $5 from Blockbuster. The soundtrack is awesome as well. Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam did the whole thing. I cannot understand how it did not win one Academy Award. I can't wait to read the book by Jon Krakauer. To me, what makes the film and book so interesting is that it is a true story.




Cycling has started back up for me, so I will start posting updates on all that as well. I did go ride with Todd Parker and Cody Nees this past Saturday. I lasted 32 miles and then had to call it quits. They stayed in great shape this winter and completely made me look bad. Todd even finished in 10th place at the Froze Toes Race two weeks ago in Columbia, Mo. He will be a Cat 3 in no time.




More updates later.






Wyman

No comments: