Saturday, November 10, 2007

Castlewood Numer Zwei

Met fellow Big Shark racers James Nelson and Matt Struckman out at Castlewood for a little mountain biking today. I had a good time riding with those guys. They took it easy on me as they both have a cyclocross on Sunday. We did about 15 miles. The weather was great although a little on the chilly side. When we started out is was about 30 degrees, but sunny. Not many people were on the trails when we took off at 7:45, but plenty were out and about when we were finishing up around 11. All three of us took a spill with myself taking the hardest fall of the day. I was descending and came around a turn with a lot of loose gravel and my front wheel slid out from under me and down I went. I hit hard on my left knee and elbow, with the knee taking the brunt of the fall. I ripped a hole in my leg end and had some minor cuts, but no damage to the Cdale. James went down right in front of me going up hill. His tire got caught in some roots and went right over his bars landing on his head. Looked scary but he hopped right up and kept on going. All in all it was a good day. I hope to ride with these guys again.

Can't wait to do Chubb in the morning.

Cheers

No comments: