Saturday, August 23, 2008

1st day of school. Only 172 to go!






Tatum and I started school this past Thursday. All went well and we are both glad to be back at it. She is in first grade now and has Mrs. Bonastia. I think this is going to be a great year!


I finally got my new cassette for my new Mavic sl wheels . I went with a 11-23. I have been riding a 11-25. I am riding the new wheels tomorrow in Ste. Genevieve. I am riding the race course with friends Alice and Joe Wright. With those hills I should probably keep the 25!


While riding today I had a complete blowout about two miles from home. The Hutchinson tire ripped completely out making a gun sound as it exploded. I put in a couple of dollar bills to keep the tube from busting through and then quickly rolled home. I made it to BigShark in time to get and new Continental Tire, tube and nitro cartridge. Let me say that good bike tires are starting to be as expensive as auto tires!


Met buddy Hovis and his new friend Shawn at Sybergs for a few brews. Old stories about DTown were told and a good time was had by all.


Cheers



No comments: