Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday dinner, Track racing and Suson Park
















We finally got to go out for my birthday dinner this past Friday night. Mom took all of us to the St. Louis Gasthaus down in Laffeyette Square. We had eaten here a few times before, but it had been a while. The place is never really busy, so we had the place to ourselves for most of the evening. The food was pretty good. I had spatzle, weisswurst, rouladen, schwieneschnitzel and some kartofel. The beer was good as they had Paulaner Heffe on tap. Thanks Mom.
On Sunday I headed out to Penrose Park up in north St. Louis for the Missouri State Track Cycling Championships. The velodrome is outdoor and has recently been repaved after years of neglect. It is in one of the worst neighborhoods in St. Louis as well. I believe it was built in the 1950s when that area was much nicer. It is not too far from where Sportsman's Park was located.

On Monday I started back to work. The students come Thursday, so Kirsten had one more free day with the girls. They had gymnastics and then met friends Lynn and Dayle out at Suson Park in south St. Louis County. They had a picnic, played on the playground and pet the hogs and horses.
I got in a ton of miles this last week. According to the Garmin, I was at around 180 miles. I have been feeling pretty good. I even went down to Ste. Gen on Saturday and rode the race course. Those are some good hills! Should be a fun race. I am taking Tuesday off and then back at it the rest of the week. Tuesday will be the first day off in 11 days. Gateway Cup is less than two weeks away.

Later

No comments: