Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dang it's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I did lots of riding over the past few days. I met my neighbor Cary down at Antonia Friday afternoon for a 25 mile ride in the north Jeffco Hills. We rode out Moss Hollow and down to the Sandy Creek covered bridge. The ride is ver scenic, but the heat at 5pm was almost unbearable. It was in the low 90's, but the humidity was in full Missouri, July mode. We stopped at the covered bridge and cooled off and filled our bottles. We then made the mile plus climb up Old Lemay Ferry. The grade never gets above 13%, and has some level spots, so even though it is long, it is not too back breaking. Cary of course beat me up the climb, but I managed to catch him on the down hill down near Wedde Rd. I know my clock didn't go below 30mph on the 4 mi chase. I love that part of the ride! You can really get cranking especially when the wind is at your back.


After the ride, I headed up to Kevin's house, took a shower and then we headed down to Johnny's for some stellar wings and brew. My college buddy Chris Pleimann and his wife Kim joined us later on. We then headed up to O'Malley's and then onto The Stable. They have added O'Fallon Wheach to their assortment of never heard of beers on tap. Love the Wheach!


The girls and I took it easy Saturday cleaning and watching the Tour de France. Nothing exciting happened although Cavendish did not start today. He won four stages and is now heading home to train for the Olympics track races. He is a favorite in the Keiren.

A lot of attacks happened in the Alps today. Frank Schleck is now in yellow while Evans slides to third. American Vande Velde is still holding his own in striking distance down only 38 seconds. It is going to be a battle at Alp Duez on Tuesday. I can't wait!! I know, I am a bike dork, but that stuff is awesome to watch. Wish I was there!!


Today, Cary and I headed down to Antonia around 930 am. It was already hot, but went ahead anyhow. I punctured in Kimmswick, so we had to stop and change my tire. My spare tube had three holes in it, so I had to use one of Cary's. My CO2 was spent, so I had to use Cary's as well. After all that, we decided to head back since we had no tubes left between us and one CO2 cartridge. We stopped and refilled twice, downing nearly 6 bottles each on a 40 mi ride. It is the hottest day of the year according to the weather guessers. It is supposed to reach nearly 100 degrees in city.


Headed to the Card's game with Hovis on Monday. Reese and Mom went today. These are some photos Mom took. They stayed for 3 innings and headed home.


DANG IT IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am doing the Tuesday Night World Championships on Tuesday and then hope to try the Dirt Crits out at Castlewood on Thursday. I will let you all know how things went.


Cheers

No comments: