Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mom's B-day and Germany loses in Euro final






We again had a little party over at Todd's to watch the Euro final. The game ended in a 1-0 win for Espana. The Spanish were the better side today and deserved to win. Needless to say we again had plenty of sausages and cold hefe.

It was also the birthday of my Mom. She turned 61 yrs young. We met at Todd's at noon and then after the game around 5 we headed down to The Stable on the corner of Cherokee and Lemp. It is right across the corner from O'Malleys. We had some Hoegarden and some really good pizza. If you get a chance, check this place out. Paul Pointer, one of the owners has done a great job renovating the stables from the Lemp Brewery. He is also the owner of the Lemp Mansion up the street.


Here are some photos of the day.

Cycling has been going well. Since getting back from vacation eleven days ago, I have put in around 250 miles. I feel like I am getting into good form. I took off Monday to redo the front of my house. I ripped five bushes, scattered one truckload of top soil and placed about 40 stones around the front yard. I was too tired to ride. You guys that do manual labor and then go and ride your bike are for real! I had planned to race tonite at the Tues Worlds, but Kirsten picked up a housecall today while at work. No racing or training as I have to watch the girls. If I had know she was going to get a housecall, I would have ridden this morning instead of going to get more stones!

We are headed to Lowe's this evening to get all the plants and bushes to put in the front. I will spend all day tomorrow putting those in and perhaps going for a ride. Todd and I will go to the Card's game in the evening.

Kirsten is off the 3rd and 4th of July, so we plan on actually going to some party's for the first time ever!

More on that this weekend.

Anyone interested in playing a cool Tour de France Fantasy Game, go to: http://ifarm.nl/tdf/

Cheers


No comments: